Even though the weather here has been cold and a bit rainy, we have really enjoyed the vibrant green forests of Des Moines. I had forgotten how naturally green it is here!
Our first day (Thursday) was a day full of seeing our friends- how wonderful it is to see them again! We first visited Lisa Akers- she is one of those people I think I knew in another life, because we were instant friends when we moved here. We became very close- and I have dearly missed her.
Another dear friend- Tammy Hibbard put together a picnic for all the graduates from our ward who are back in town- so we got to see many other wonderful people we knew. Below is a picture at the park of Tammy (the one sitting down) and Rachel Sedrick, another wife of a graduating student.
On to today (Friday)- - We had a picnic at DMU for families, which ended up mostly being indoors due to lousy weather! We saw more friends (including Travis and Natalie Williams!!) at this event- and the kids had a blast getting balloon hats . . . until Marcus tripped while racing Cynthia to the car and popped his sword balloon! Don't you just love Cynthia's rainbow hat?

We visited Amanda Stumpf, another student we are friends with (who is getting married on Sunday!) She did a lot for us while we were in Des Moines- and of course the kids always loved seeing Wilson, her dog! (pictured below).

Then off to Lisa's again, which darn it all, I keep forgetting to get pictures of! I think it is because I will see her every day- so know I will have a chance again. So- soon I will be able to put a picture.
This is a picture of Olga and her daughter Angie- who were wonderful enough to open their home for us to stay in while are in town. She is another amazing student we met by hosting when she came to interview at DMU. She is moving back to the Seattle area for her last year of rotations next year, so maybe we will get to see her more! She has also been a wonderful friend over the years.
This evening was the DMU graduation banquet (Angie babysat- thanks angie!). It was fun to get dressed up and have a nice meal . . .

And the highlight of the banquet was that I saw Natalie William's again (another student family who lived in Sunnyside with us for the 3rd year)! Those of you in Sunnyside will be interested to know they are doing great! They are preparing for their move to Denver for Travis to start his residency in Internal Medicine. It was wonderful to see her again! Doesn't she look amazing!
We visited Amanda Stumpf, another student we are friends with (who is getting married on Sunday!) She did a lot for us while we were in Des Moines- and of course the kids always loved seeing Wilson, her dog! (pictured below).
Then off to Lisa's again, which darn it all, I keep forgetting to get pictures of! I think it is because I will see her every day- so know I will have a chance again. So- soon I will be able to put a picture.
This evening was the DMU graduation banquet (Angie babysat- thanks angie!). It was fun to get dressed up and have a nice meal . . .
And the highlight of the banquet was that I saw Natalie William's again (another student family who lived in Sunnyside with us for the 3rd year)! Those of you in Sunnyside will be interested to know they are doing great! They are preparing for their move to Denver for Travis to start his residency in Internal Medicine. It was wonderful to see her again! Doesn't she look amazing!

6 comments:
I am so glad you are having a good trip! Enjoy your time!!!!
Wow Becky, you're looking so good. I love your hair. I can't wait to see you in a few days!!!
Looks like tons of fun!!! Glad to hear life is going so well for you Becky. Congratulations!
congratulations Jon! It was good to see you guys again. Good luck in Yakima. Our blog is bishopfamily1234.blogspot.com
I'm so glad you're having a great time! We really miss you though :)
Becky- You are so sweet! I am excited for you and hope you are doing well in Yakima. We are excited to move to Denver in a few weeks. It was so nice to see you in Des Moines.
Post a Comment