Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Monday, October 20, 2008

knocking on wood doesn't help . . .

Just yesterday when I wrote the last post I said we at least hadn't gotten sick yet (knock on wood)- - and lo and behold it hit us! Just about an hour after falling asleep, I was awoken by Cynthia running into my room saying she needed to throw up. I ran her to the bathroom just in time. Poor girl, she threw up about 7 times between midnight and 5 am last night, crying each time that she wanted daddy home to make it all better. Somehow she got it into her mind that if daddy was home, he would be able to magically make it go away. Luckily she is old enough to contain the vomit- so I didn't have any clean up to do- what a blessing that is! Needless to say neither of us got much sleep. Ugh- I have a feeling it is going to go through the whole family.

So- after this super uplifting post - - hopefully the rest of the day will go better! We will see!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, poor Cynthia. Being sick is no fun. Hopefully no one else will get sick.

sewdelightful said...

Yucky! Time to rent some fun movies and just veg on the couch!

Mary Child said...

Oh Becky, you totally have my sympathy with Jon's insane work schedule and you trying to hold down the fort in the meantime. Motherhood is so hard ANYWAY, and then when you bear so much of the burden alone it can be overwhelming. As usual, you sound like you have a great attitude and are so aware of the many blessings you do have. This last leg of his medical training will be hard on all of you, but at the end it will all have been SO WORTH IT, and Jon will be more in love with you than EVER for having supported him so fully and given everything you have toward making your lives a success! I totally admire your cheerful disposition Becky, and even in the midst of turmoil, you still know how to maintain sight of the "big picture". Just keep on keepin' on. You're both working so hard, and you will both soon reap the rewards. It makes the end so much more fulfilling when you strive and struggle to reach it!

I hope Cynthia starts feeling better soon, and HALLELUJAH that you didn't have to clean up any vomit! Hang in there Becky- we're all pulling for you!

AMEN to the internet being a blessing! Seriously, the connection and support that I feel through blogging is irreplacable in my life.

Three cheers for the internet!!!

Cindy said...

Oh Becky, life isn't always easy that's for sure and I hear you about the people assuming all husbands work normal hours. Just recently with Jeremy working at a hospital now he has to be on-call weeknights and weekends on a rotating schedule, so I get stuck in a pickle if he's on-call the same night some sort of RS function is going on and then he gets called in 15 minutes before I have to leave and by then it's to late to get a sitter, so I'm left at home not being able to go as well. Trials are what shape us and you really see the big picture and realize that you are so blessed and it really could be way worse. You are doing awesome. Keep on keeping on. I think you are right about hiring a babysitter and trading kids with other moms in your same situation. I am really praying that the pucks stop at Cynthia for your sanity, but I know once it starts in the family it doesn't stop until it's run the course thru everyone. Keep your head up and be patient this part of life is so short in comparsion to the rest of your life and Jon is working hard and before you know it he'll be done with school and he'll be working some high paying job and you can hire your own nanny and maid right? : )

Robin said...

I totally feel for all of you!! I'm hoping that by this time the rest of you have been able to avoid it. We had it run through our family (just me and the kids, thank goodness!) last week. Cadence barfed for hours on Wednesday. Kennedy and I had been sick the day before and she was so good to tolerate us. While she was sick I had her camp out in her bed, set up the laptop so she could watch movies, and just let her veg. It was just what she needed! She seems to get the stomach flu most often of all of us, and this time she worked really hard to barf in a bucket! Before it's just been all over wherever she was, so this was a much better barf experience for all of us. sigh. Seems like its going through everybody right now. Fortunately it's a fast one, so you can get it and get over it more quickly. :)

Becky said...

Just an update- I did get it too. I thought I was going to die- it was so violent. Luckily it lasted less than a day. Truly it is going around. Almost everyone I have talked to in this area has gotten it in the last week or so.

Thanks for your encouraging comments!

Danae said...

Oh, poor Becky!! That's awful that you got the flu too. I guess I should feel lucky we are only dealing with colds here.

Uberly Ewe said...

I am so sorry to hear that you got sick too. uggg. I hate the flu! And I will be praying for you to have the strenght you need to get through this while Jon is working. You are amazing that you have such a good positive outlook on things.