Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The most wonderful time of year . . .




Merry Christmas!!!

This year has been an especially exciting year for us- our first Christmas in our very own home. Our Christmas tree looks great with our vaulted ceiling- for the first time the living room doesn't look too crowded when we get out the tree. I love our little house! AND for the first time EVER- we have a house to put Christmas lights up on!



What a busy time of year though- the last two weeks have been filled with decorating, last minute shopping (Wal Mart- shudder - - is soooo crowded any time of every day!), Lillain getting into things, LOTS of baking for gifts, Lillian taking all the ornaments off the tree, helping at the school, sending Christmas cards, Lillian wanting to be held, taking the kids to Gymnastics, Lillian watching the Polar Express for the 100th time (at least I like that movie), planning and carrying out cub scouts, Cynthia asking to help with the baking, Playgroup, a really fun book club evening, Elementary school holiday parties (which I did baking for also . . . ) and performances, Marcus and Cynthia's excitement about Santa coming soon and their hope for a "spongebog game cube game, with the game cube" (which Santa magically got from our neighbor last apring), Ward/ hospital/ and resident Christmas dinners, Me singing "you better not shout, you better not cry, you better not pout . . ." trying to keep the peace in our boisterous house, Lillian whining for "nandy" and me caving in more often than not, lots of christmas music, spending time with Jon (this was a good rotation month), trying to teach the kids the "true" meaning of Christmas and about our Savior's birth, our pipes freezing and luckily thawing before bursting, AND some snow!

Some other highlights- last weekend we went to the Yakima Stake (the other stake) Christmas production- which is amazing as usual, and then to the arboretum's luminarium. Saturday we took the kids to see "Bolt" in 3-D - - it was a blast! And yesterday I visited Sunnyside to see my friends before Christmas - - I just had to get my fix!

Even though it sounds CRAZY- I am having a ball!! I love Christmas time- and the excitement. It is even more magical with kids . . . I am sooo excited to see their faces when they see what Santa is brining them! Their granparents have virtually paid for most of our Christmas with their generous contributions . . . AND best of all, my parents are coming to OUR house for Christmas!! I am so excited-it is going to be great! Last year we decided that this year we would stay home- it is time for us to do our own traditions in our own home. The only thing that made me sad about this is not seeing family - - so now I get to have my family and be at my own home!



2 comments:

Mary Child said...

Becky, you are so cute!

I too get so excited around the holidays- even amidst all the chaos and frenzy- I just love it.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday in your very own home!

I was in a ROTTEN mood when I started blogging tonight, and I have such a great circle of friends, you are all cheering me right up! This post was too cute not to crack a smile!

Merry Christmas a little late Becky! (Our card will be arriving soon... I'm a little late this year)! :)

The Barney's said...

Isn't it great that such a crazy busy month can also be so wonderful and fun!! Your list of things you did sounded almost identical to mine. Thanks so much for the adorable Christmas card/picture. Ours will be more like Valentine-ish cards/pictures this time. Just couldn't get them out with everything else.