What an amazinlgy wonderful time we had in Utah for Thanksgiving! I am so glad Jon was able to have a nice break- - it is like having my husband back from a war or something. It was WONDERFUL. Luckily, he has an easier rotation for this holiday season- - so already I can feel the difference in his stress level - - he is so much more able to truly be with us physically and emotionally. It's not the long hours that made it so bad, it was how hard it was on him. I am gearing up for the next big "battle" - he has a run of four months of "harder" rotations from January to April . . . so it is nice to get a small reprieve!
Anyway- for our trip to Utah, we met up with ALL of my immediate family- including my sister Laura her husband Chris and their two kids Ben and Rachel from Arizona, my parents, and my three siblings living in Utah- Shauna and her husband Pat and their two kids Hannah and Adam, Steve and his wife Natalie, and Brian who is a freshman at BYU. We had a blast together eating a lot of great food, playing games, watching shows and going on outings. My parents rented a house for the week- that is where we gathered.
Thanksgiving Day - - what fun! My dad cooked the BIGGEST turkey I have EVER seen- it was so big that it wouldn't fit in the roasting pan, and some of the drippings came out the side of the Turkey bag. The excitement for the day was when the drippings in the oven caught on fire! I was screaming "fire, fire, fire!!" as everyone else scrambled around trying to figure out what to do and how to put it out. Luckily it died down quickly on it's own - - what a relief. That got our hearts pumping. Well- the turkey tasted great- along with all the other amazing food we ate! We enjoyed sharing what we are Thankful for - - I am so thankful for my family and the fact that we all get along and love each other. I am thankful for modern transportation, that allows us to be together. Most of all, I am grateful for my life- for my wonderful husband and children, and for the Gospel.
Cynthia and her cousin Hannah:
My brother Steve helping Natalie with a quilt:
Friday, instead of trying for the crazy shopping, we took the kids to "Kangaroo Zoo", a really fun play place for kids with inflatables:
Marcus in action:
My nephew Ben- he had a great time!
That evening we enjoyed a little Christmas celebration- since we are all together. We exchanged our christmas gifts and made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers- so much fun!
We rotate who buys for who in our family- - I had my sister Shauna- and of course, I got her something Pampered Chef! The apple peeler, corer, slicer is a classic!
Little baby Rachel liked the little snowman we gave her!
Making the gingerbread houses wasn't just for kids! Jon (helping Marcus), my Dad (helping Cynthia), and Brian- doing his own!
Natalie . . .
Grandpa and Cynthia . . .
Shauna and Hannah . . .
Marcus and Jon . . .
Saturday all the adults went to see Twilight! What fun- I really enjoyed seeing the movie a second time, and my family liked it too. My brother-in-law who has also read the books actually liked the movie better than the books! Gasp! Anyway- it was fun to get out as adults.
That evening, a few of us went to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. It was beatiful, but INSANELY crowded!!!
Jon, Hannah, Marcus, Cynthia, Lillian and Me:
Hannah on Grandpa's shoulders and Cynthia on Jon's shoulders had fun holding hands!It's fun to have cousins . . .
Sunday was our drive home - - the weekend went by way too fast!

6 comments:
It looks like you had a great time. What fun pictures. It is always nice to be with family. I am glad Jon has a month to be around more. It makes such a difference. I always tell Travis we can do ANYTHING for a month. It is harder when it stretches to 4 or 5 or 6 months though!
Could you bring me a copy of all your thanksgiving pictures this weekend? I didn't have my camera with me most of the time. We had so much fun!
You guys are the second family who has pictures of Temple Square for Thanksgiving. They look beautiful, and it looks like so much fun. I would love to do this some day.
I'm so happy that you had such a fun time with your family on Thanksgiving!! Compared to yours, ours was pretty quiet! Just my family, Amber & Steve's family, and mom & dad! Happy Holidays & don't forget, the live nativity for Yakima Stake is Friday night, 6-7 or 8-9 or Saturday 10-11am!! I'll be there Friday from 6-7pm. Hope to see you there!
Oh Becky it is obvious you guys had a great time. How nice for Jon and YOU to get to have a nice break from the craziness of life. So who watched all the kids while the adults went to Twilight? We went over Thanksgiving break (my 2nd time) so Justin and my mom could see it. I would love to go to Temple Square and see it all lit up.My sister is serving there but left for 4 months to go to texas but she goes back this week to finish her mission out and comes home in March. I am so glad you had such a great time. Oh and you look great!! Miss ya!!
I'm so glad you guys had a great time Becky! (Is Shauna your sister? You two look so much alike)!
Yay for Jon to have a little break, and yay for the easier rotation during the holidays.
I loved the Temple Square pic's...
What a festive post! This time of year is all about family and the Savior. Happy Holidays Becky!
Post a Comment