Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Can I call in sick??

Have you ever had one of those days, where not only do you feel like your head is going to split in two, but other unpleasing things start happening? That is me today - - though I can't complain too much, this morning was OK. Besides waking up with a headache threatening, and having a REALLY hard time getting out of bed (which happens more often than not), things were pretty good. I took Lillian to the Library for story time, for the first time since Cynthia has been in school- and she did pretty good! It was fun to get out of the house and see some other adults, and even make some new friends - - and then on to Costco, which was fine (especially the BEAUTIFUL girls dresses I splurged on!). As I was coming home from shopping, I started to feel nauseated and the headach was emerging. AFter laying Lillian down for a nap (or so I thought), I took some Ibuprofen and ate something more, thinking maybe I just needed to eat more than the McDonald's snack wrap for lunch. No relief watsoever (except Lillian sleeping)- so I try to lay down, massage my head and neck, etc - and still it is getting worse. So after awhile I hear Lillian is awake and I stumble to her room to find that she had pooped, taken off her diaper and gotten it EVERYWHERE! Apparently this happened BEFORE she fell asleep, so her bed is also soaked because she fell asleep naked. Lillian often goes "number 2" right when she lays down for a nap, but ALWAYS cries and whines and won't fall asleep. She also often times undresses herself- again then she cries until I open the door and get her dressed. Not today! Groan- now my head is REALLY pounding after scrubbing everything on my hands and knees. I hope I didn't miss anything . . . . Well- I need to count my blessings. I HAVE A WASHER and DRYER!!! That in itself is amazing . . . And thank goodness I bought that Rotisserie chicken at Costco for dinner (only $4.99 and they are BIG)!

So, does anyone have any tips on how to help a super bad, head splitting head-ache?

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, Becky that is awful. I am so sorry for you. There is nothing worse than poop everywhere when you don't feel good. I always like a little caffeine when I have a headache, hot bath, and a bag of frozen peas on my head. I hope you feel better. I'll be thinking of you!

Mary Child said...

OH MY GOSH BECKY- scrubbing feces while battling a head-ache? YOU POOR THING!!! I'm sorry I don't have any advice; when I get headaches (ar any ailment that bad) I call my dad to come get my kids and I try to sleep it off...

I agree that the Costco chicken is SO GREAT for dinner. If I'm in Costco early in the day, I come home and put it in the crock pot on "keep warm" with the lid cracked slightly, and keep it there for 4 hours or more until dinner time- it comes out juicy and perfect every time.

Good luck with your little ones Becky, and WAY to count your blessings! I never learned how to do that. You are such a good example Becky!!!

Uberly Ewe said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope that by the time you get this comment you are feeling better. Bug never did this when he was little, and even now he does not like to look or touch his poopy diaper/pullup *we are currently working on potty training again, but don't want to jinks it*. Bug says he is scared of Poopoo and Pee Pee. LOL I just hope that Lady Bug doesn't decide she is not afraid of that stuff, and I have to do some scrubbing.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

I also go with either excedrin which has the obligatory caffeine or ibuprofen with some coke, for some reason coke works the best. not diet either. Sorry about the poop, that is really terrible. I almost cried for you!

Lisa said...

Becky, how about sedating the children. Doesn't Jon have access to some pretty good stuff? Lots of love to you, my dear! :)

Becky said...

Thanks everyone for your comments- you are such good friends! I seem to be getting headaches every day- some are worse than others. Hopefully they will go away soon! Anyway- I do feel better now- especially during a much needed weekend with Jon home!