11 months ago
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Wanna Get Away?
I keep thinking of that Southwest commercial with the slogan "Wanna get away?" I am having one of those days where I don't feel like I am handling life very well. My kids are bickering, my house is a mess, and my two year old not only has taken off her diaper and peed on the floor, but has been whining non stop all day for candy or "hot chocolate", and is now squeezing all the toothpaste out of the tube and mixing it with water (getting most of it on the counters and floor). After yelling at Marcus for freaking out at the stapler and throwing it away, and teasing Cynthia - he stormed off to write angry messages and is intermittently screaming out "I will never love you again!!" and "You'll pay for that!" - - oh an now my little "cling-on" (lillian) is trying to climb in my lap as she always does. Jon is gone and I feel sooo tired! I feel completely un-motivated to do housework or other normal tasks- all I feel like doing is hiding in my room. Why is it that my parenting skills have gone out the window? Why can't I muster up some patience and strength- I know it is in there somewhere. I KNOW why my kids are acting so horribly- it is because I am not being very nice to them. I completely over-reacted when I yelled at Marcus- so it isn't all him. I love my children so fiercely- why do I even have days like this? Granted, it has been a pretty emotionally draining week - - but I don't want to make excuses for my bad parenting and un-motivation . . . So what do I do? Writing this is helping- - and maybe with some prayers I can survive today and move on to a better evening- and tommorrow! Maybe it is OK to just survive at times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Becky, I am so sorry! That does not sound like fun. You are a great mom.(Even though sometimes I know you don't feel like it). I think we all have those same feelings sometimes.
Ahh, yes you were having an Anti-mom day. Those are the days you just really don't feel like being mom. You just want to be free from the 'mom' thing and ALL the strings attached. You always amaze me at how patient you are and what a fun mom you are. So give yourself a break...it's okay to have days like that sometimes :)
Gosh,I had the exact same thoughts and feelings two days ago. So good to know I'm not the only one. Thankfully, they always pass and after enough time my desire to get up and do something about it surpasses my overwhelmed state. Also interesting that we're having the same thoughts about our van and trying to figure out how in the world we can take on a new car payment. Should we run it into the ground or get something better? And what exactly would be better? A SUV? Another van? Aren't the car manufacturers giving them away right now :-)?
Post a Comment