2 weeks ago
Monday, February 9, 2009
Some news . . .
After what seems like a long time of trying (though I feel super blessed because I know many have a much harder time than me), I am expecting another child! We JUST found out a few days ago and I am soooo excited. I am due sometime in October. Even though I am barely pregnant, I wanted to get the news out there because that little life inside me is already so precious. Even if something does happen to the pregnancy, I would want all of you to know what I am going through anyway. I am just starting to feel a bit queasy and pretty tired, but so far not too bad (though that will probably get worse over the next month). To be honest, I am also a bit scared because Jon has a string of really hard rotations where he will have extremely limited time at home, and a lot of stress until towards the end of May. The beginnings of my pregnancies are when I feel the worst (except that dreaded last month) - - so I am sometimes worried that I will not be able to be the strength at home that I need to be, for Jon, myself and our children. I had Jon give me a blessing that he and I will have the strength that we need. I have faith that the Lord will help me, and He already has. I am sooo happy and feel sooo ready to have another baby. Even though I am physically tired, I feel an incredible amount of emotional strength, that truly is a gift from God - - I feel like I could take on the world. I feel like I am standing at the base of a huge mountain that I have to climb- and instead of dreading the climb, I am ready to RUN up the mountain. I know it sounds a bit dramatic, because it's not like I am the only one who goes through stuff like this - - but for me it is important. I rely on Jon so much for emotional support- he is so much a part of my every day life, and somehow I know that despite the rigors of his training, he will be able to be there just enough for me. The rest will be divine help. I am so grateful for Jon's love for me, and all he does for me. I can't imagine life without him because our life together has been so incredibly rich. Maybe that is why it is hard when he can't be home as much! I know that his training is incredibly important and his career is the RIGHT thing for him and our family- so I know I will have the strenght to support him the way I need to, even while pregnant. I know with all my heart that this is the right time for our family to grow, and we are ready. I am so grateful and so happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Congratulations Becky!
That is wonderful news!
So, what? R u saying that you're not one of those "super Mom's" that can handle everything? LOL! Just joking. I will pray that you will be okay and be able to take care of yourself and your family throughout this pg.
Congrats again!
Congratulations! i'm glad that you feel so optimistic and grateful. when i'm pregnant there is no optimism or gratitude, i dont even have the spirit with me for 9 months, or at least i cant feel it. pure misery here, i'm glad not all women have to feel like i do. i'm glad you are feeling well enough to see the good!
Congrats! That is wonderful news. I am so excited for you.
Brooke here, not Troy....Wow, I'm so happy for you guys! Have you told your kids? I bet they're so excited. I know you'll make it through, you are an amazing person :)
i'm sooooooo happpy for you!!!! what a wonderful blessing. about being sick, i'm totally with ya, no fun but so worth it. hang in there.
love, janae
Hey, that's great news! Congrats! Take it easy when you can, and know we are thinking and praying for you.
This is the best news I've had all day! Congrats to you both!!! I am SO happy for you!
Congratulations!! You have such a great attititide about the pregnancy that I bet things will go smoother than you think. As far as the reflux with Zane goes. We had him on reflux until about 14 months also but he was still getting up every two hours or more and we were going insane. The one thing that tipped us off was that his breathe when he woke up in the night was awful. We are brushing his teeth all the time and it was still awful. So we talked to his doctor and did a little research and thought it was worth a try. Within about 3 to 4 days he was sleeping almost all night. He still gets up every once in a while but nothing like before. It was really a blessing that we followed our instinct and but him back on the medicine. We just felt bad that we didn't know he was in pain. So putting Lillian back on reflux medicine is worth a try. Especially since you are going to need the extra sleep. Tyler had sleep terrors for a while but has since grown out of them. Hope this helps a little. Good luck and congrats again.
I forgot to mention the hairbow thing. I got free instructions from www.theribbonretreat.com and www.girlythingsbows.com
If you think there is even a chance that Lillian is waking up becuase of reflux, I am sure that Jon can get some samples of 15 mg Prevacid SoluTabs and try them for a couple weeks. It can't hurt and there are plenty of kids that have been on them continuously for YEARS without problems. It's worth a shot.
Oops, forgot to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! We are really excited for you! I think that if it is a boy, you should name him "Logirio". That is the "verification word" I had to type in to post this and I think it has a nice ring to it! Just think, there won't be another Logirio in his class :)
Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. Good luck with everything.
Congrats Wilsons! The kids are always so excited for more cousins! Brooke is pulling for Oct. 7th as the due date. I'm sure that you will have all that you stand in need of to keep things together durring and after the pregnancy.
I'm so happy for you, I know how long you've been trying & I'm hoping hoping hoping I'll be able to be the next one announcing!! Then we'd have two more babies about the same age! Becky, I want you to know that the Lord loves you, he will give you the strength you need in the hour you need it!
Congrats! This is great news! I am sorry that I have not been on line as much and it has taken me a while to read your blog. I am very happy for you all, and I love how positive you are about the whole thing. I wish that I could be this way towards Bryan. With his job, volunteer work (job experience) and finishing up with school, I have not seen much of my husband too, and I am not even pregnant. It is so great that you can be so strong leaning on Heavenly Father and Jesus to get you through this time. I hope that you are feeling well and the morning sickness is not to bad. I wish that I lived closer to you so I could help you out if needed. Years ago when we lived in the same apartment complex and you listened to my heartache not being able to get pregnant and you were pregnant with Cynthia at the time, you were so supportive and helpful and such a good friend. Over the years with me dealing with Bug and his Occupational Therapy and other issues you have given me such good advice and have uplifted me. I hope that I can do the same for you.
Congrats again! :)
Hooray!! I am very happy for you!! We will definitely have to hang out while our husbands are busy working - take turns cooking while we're both queasy?? :-) Congratulations!!
Way to go BEcky, you are a stronger woman than I will ever be! COngratulations!
yea, go with Logirio, that won't get the poor kid teased. Or try Unrin, that's my verification work! HA, that's funny!
Congratulations Becky! I am a little tired so I didn't read the entire post, but I will get to it later.
Oh Becky, I am so super excited for you!!!!!!! What a lucky little baby you have in you to be able to come to such a loving home!!! I will have you know that I cried tears of joy for you when I read your fabulous news!!! I love you!!! (Akers)
Super congrats! I forgot to mention on my other comment (I don't know that you can decipher who I am by my screen name)that this is Kathy Snow. Good luck with the sickness, we'll keep you and the baby in our prayers!
Post a Comment