Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of year . . .


I truly do love the christmas season. There is so many fun things to experience as a family. Mostly I love the general feeling of good-will among believers and non believers alike. Truly the spirit of Christ permeates the hearts of mankind. I love the magic the children sense, whether it is learning about the baby Jesus, or being excited for Santa (who represents the spirit of christmas) and new toys.

Overall, I have tried my best to keep things simpler this year, KNOWING that I can't handle what I usually do. Somehow things STILL seem to come up to make things busy and crazy- but truly they have been fun things such as parties (for Jon's work, church, and friends), and fun outings with the kids! Last Saturday was a good example of busy holiday activities! Early in the morning was a cub scout waffle breakfast to celebrate (I love my little cubs!). Then we came home, did our Saturday chores and then headed off to the Train Museum in Toppenish to see the christmas trains and ride the "polar express" to see Santa. That night was the ward "Night in Bethlehem" activity where after a themed dinner, Jon was the narrator for the live nativity. It was an amazing activity. Like I said, a busy and crazy day- but so much fun.

Pictures from the train museum:
They had so many different trains from small and large, and even a lego train!



mmmm- hot chocolate!

We rode the caboose a short way to another train that had santa! We didn't buy the photo, but the kids got to sit on his lap. Cynthia won him over by telling him she wanted her two front teeth for Christmas!



On Wednesday the ward had the Children's party, with caroling, crafts and Santa! Jon volunteered me to do a power point presentation of the carols- so the words to the songs and the music were all done on powerpoint. Along with some gifts I was scrambling to get done (I used www.heritagemakers.com to make some awesome scrapbook calendars for grandparents and my sister, and a swatch book for my brother on his mission) this keep my busy on the computer! It made things busy, but it was fun. The power point turned out pretty good, I think.
Santa! Though Lillian was to scared to sit in his lap . . .


Some other random December fun . . .

After some REALLY cold weather, we had our first snowfall! It is mostly melted now, and the fog has rolled in, but it was fun while it lasted, and I am guessing it isn't over for the winter.


Decorating gingerbread snowmen- (I used a gingersnap recipe, which was wrong for gingerbread men, and the dough was way to soft to roll out- so I just did the regular round scoop and put three different sizes together to form snowmen for them to decorate. They sure TASTED good though- much better than gingerbread men!)




Tyler cuteness- - I can't seem to post without putting some cute pictures of him!


No comments: