Our new big thing starting in January was Marcus and Cynthia taking a violin class taught before school once a week. A gal in my ward decided to offer a free class for children at the elementary school- and it has been AMAZING to watch them learn. She is an amazing teacher!
One of my absolutely favorite pictures is one we took in Spokane playing their violins with my Dad who has also learned to play just in recent years.
Last night they just has their first little recital. Sadly, Marcus was the one who had the stomach bug that day- so he had to miss it. Here are some pictures of Cynthia at the recital . . .
I now know why my parents LIKED going to all of our recitals and concerts growing up, I always thought they were pretty boring, and that they just did it because they loved us. My mom used to always say- "going to your performances is my reward! It is my payment!" Now I understand what she means!! Sure they are beginners so it wasn't like a performance at Carnegie Hall - - but it sure sounded that way to me - - who has put a lot of effort into helping the kids practice, acquiring and paying for instruments, driving them to their lessons, and been there to watch their talent develop! Sooooo exciting. Thanks to Lacey Lopez for her talent and willingness to volunteer her time and talents to teaching our children!!

1 comment:
How cute! I playing violin in high school. My Grandpa was a real time fiddler back in the day and I have his cherished fiddle and violin!
My cousin's 6 children also play or are learning. It's a fun hobby!
I wish your kids the best of luck!
Post a Comment