Several Saturday's ago (June 26), we decided to take a day to go up to Mt. Rainier National Park to relieve some of the stress we were feeling. It was such a BEATUFUL day, and the scenery was so inspiring, it was impossible to feel like things wouldn't work out with our current situation (see a couple of posts ago). I was feeling so stressed out, even though deep down I knew everything would work out eventually. This day of hiking and enjoying the scenery was so inspiring, I kept feeling the words come to my mind "Be still and know that I am God". Sunday we fasted about our situation, and I felt this reafirmed to me- and I knew that everything was going to be OK. I had always known this- but the feelings and words were so clear - - Heavenly Father really knows our situation and His hand is in our life and our situation. We just have to be patient and do everything we can on our end!
The sky was so blue and the mountain was spectacular with the just melting snow.
Up at the new visitor center at Paradise (I miss the old observatory, though!) we had fun learning about the geology and history- and the kids especially enjoyed getting lolly-pops at the gift shop . . .
We went on several hikes we haven't done before through the amazing evergreen forests- wonders for the soul!

No comments:
Post a Comment