One thing I don't like about the garbage pick up around here- they don't have carts, and won't empty a trash can heavier than 50 pounds or larger than a small trash can. Since it would probably take three of these to contain our garbage, we just fill up the one we have, and leave the other bags sitting by the trash can. Everyone in the neighborhood does this, along with leaving out anything from furniture to appliances to be picked up. I hate this because it looks so trashy on our back porch, AND the neighborhood looks horrible on garbage day.
Another side affect is local critters have access to our garbage. We have had to re-bag the garbage several times . . .
So last night as Jon was going out to put the trash on the street for garbage day, we found out what animal had been getting into our garbage. Was it a cat, like we thought? MAYBE a racoon? No- it was a giant possum! Jon said it was the size of a Cocker Spaniel, long and thin with a LONG rat like tail. He kicked the critter as hard has he could twice before it ran away. Shudder - - I am glad Jon was the one who was putting out the garbage that night!
At the same time, I wish we had a picture . . .
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
It was the same way in Vegas, people dump their stuff outside their garages like broken funiture and toys, sometimes even mattresses! Our street looked awful and junky! Ha, HA! But once and awhile something good would get thrown out and we would swipe it! I love thift shopping too! You never know what treasure you might find, I only buy something though if i truly need it, or my house starts to fill up! Miss you becky!
Post a Comment