Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Welcome to Spokane!

Ahh- the pine trees, the mountains, family- we came home!! After living here 6 months, I can truly say that this feels like home more than any other place we have ever lived. This includes our new neighborhood even- I truly never want to leave. I love how close and plentiful the shopping is (I can practically walk to Fred Meyer- my new FAVORITE store ever- besides good prices and atmosphere, they even have a play land I can drop Tyler off at while I shop!!). I love the scenery and close the "wilderness" is- although we are "in town", if feels clean and beautiful. I love our cute suburban neighborhood, not too old and not too new- with some of the most wonderful neighbors I have ever been blessed to have. I love how it isn't too upscale (out of my comfort zone since I am not the type to wear designer clothes, ha ha), but yet very nice. We even live just blocks from the church- not just any church also- it is the Stake Center! The Elementary school is right across the street from the church, so the kids just walk to school every day. Life is truly wonderful for me and the kids here.

We spent our first few days in Spokane staying at my parent's house until the final closing went through on our house and all of our stuff arrived! I registered the kids for Brentwood Elementary (a bit challenging to start in the middle of the year, but luckily the kids did great). Another one of our first item's of business (besides just moving in), was to find Jon a new car- and we found a Suburu Forester (Jon's first non- beater car!!) It is nice to move up in the world. We also spent time visiting family- it was great to be back!

Jon's dad and sisters square dancing!

Closing day on the house- getting OUR keys!! The longer we are in this house, the more I just adore it.

Welcome Dr. Wilson!! We have definitely taken a jump in income- and boy it feels good to have all that insane hard work and hardship pay off. So far Jon loves working as a Doctor out in Deer Park (about 15 minute drive north of where we live in Spokane), and after his first few months he was up to a full schedule, which is amazing for a new doctor. He feels well liked- which is everything. Work is still stressfull for him, and the paperwork tends to pile up, but it is just the nature of being a professional, I think. Day to day isn't perfect- but overall Jon is very happy with the way things are turning out in his carreer. Again, the paycheck helps- it feels AMAZING to pay off credit cards, and the line of credit the bank gave us for our down payment (WA Trust Bank worked an incredible in-house deal for us- - again- - the title DR. does a lot!). Even though the student loan payment is a large one- it feels so wonderful to have that balance going DOWN after so many years of it going up. Besides paying off debts, we are able to live more comfortably - - and after so many years of literally scraping by and going farther and farther into debt- I can finally appreciate the blessings of my husband's carreer choice.



1 comment:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I'm so glad everything is working out how you had hoped. It's nice to hear that some of the positives are "real" after so many years of sacrifice and scraping by to get there. XO