Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring is on it's way



Ahhh- the air is sweeter, the sun is coming out, and the temperature is mild- - and best of all I am feeling soooooo much better. Like magic, when I hit 3 months (around 15 weeks) some (not all) of my energy returned, the nausea mostly went away, and I feel like I can be a good mom again. OK- I can do this!! My tummy is starting to poke out a little (I've moved on to the rubber band button trick), and I am remembering how awesome Spokane is outdoors. The kids have been spending hours outside on the trampoline, in the neighbor's yard, riding bikes- - everyone is really happy to be getting some fresh air.

Although the weather wasn't peak for the month of March- we could still sense spring coming. Cynthia had a school concert with her very first solo (and did great!)


We went on a nice little weekend jaunt to Yakima (Jon had a conference there)- it was sunny and beautiful that weekend- - great for the soul! Along with seeing good friends . . . I still wasn't feeling too hot so it was a little lower key, I just visited a few friends in Sunnyside (Tiffanie, Natalie, Reagran, and Cathy), and a few in Yakima (we stayed with the Whittles and I visited Ashley and Stephanie- - and the kids got to see some of the Johnson kids). At Cathy's little "ranch" we got to ride the pony and the horse in the gorgeous sunshine- the kids were in heaven!



Seeing our new little nephew Hudson Sullivan- he was born on Valentine's day!



Time to get out the trampoline and start using the firepit!! Playgroup is now at the park instead of my house . . . So fun to get outside!!



Randomness: Lillian having fun taking pictures while I drove her to dance, Tyler's chocolate face (Marcus' science project was which melts faster- dark or milk chocolate- they had fun licking up the melted chocolate!), and my favorite- Marcus and Tyler playing!


Happy Easter!! We had a wonderful Sunday, incuding a Wilson family dinner at our house with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson, the Sullivans and Marissa's family. We missed the Tremblays and Stanleys- Todd went into the hospital Saturday with blood clots in his lungs. We are all praying for him and hope he gets better soon.

It was my turn in March to teach Sharing time- and the theme for the month was all about the Savior. I love the simpleness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ- it especially touched my heart as I taught it to the Primary children. One week we talked about the resurrection and how it can turn our sad feelings of death to happy and hopeful feelings because of the resurrection. So simple and so true! What a wonderful time of year- a time to celebrate new life, our loved ones, and most of all the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

Natalie and Steve said...

Brilliant science fair idea. I would love to have helped in that one!

So happy to hear you are feeling better! Those first few months can be so awful. I can't yet imagine having to actually function to take care of kids and be sick at the same time!