Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

OK- Winter CAN be fun after all . . .


Cool Covered Bridge

The rope tow that saves a lot of huffing and puffing!

Jon and Lillian - it was safe enough for Lillian to go too!


Grandpa Monson and Marcus- what a great Grandpa! Thanks for a great day!













Happy President's Day Weekend (or as Marcus put it- Valentine's Day Break)! We had a four day weekend here in Sunnyside- did everyone survive? We actually had a great time visiting Grandparents in Spokane. One of our reasons for going was also so Cynthia could see the urologist about her "accident" problem- nothing was diagnosed, but we were given exercises for her to do to help her muscles, and I have to record and measure all "voiding" she does for a few days so they can see exactly what is happening (fun). They will also look at the ultrasound that was taken to see if there is anything else wrong. I am hopeful they will be able to help us- she has been having the problem of wetting herself for years- everyday, sometimes even 5 times a day. I feel like I have tried everything in the book! At least she doesn't EVER have a problem with "number 2". I have gotten used to taking care of it- but I really worry about her in Kindergarten next year if she is still having a problem. We will see!

Saturday we went up to Bear Creek Lodge (used to be Kirk's Lodge) on Mount Spokane and went tubing. Besides Cynthia's cold toes, we had a blast! I hadn't been sledding in a really long time, and tubing is so much more fun because it doesn't hurt so much! The best was the rope tow that takes you to the top of the hill so you don't have to walk up- and the tubing hill is super safe (no jumps and it is tightly monitored so not too many are going down at the same time).

Truly- even though Spokane IS much colder than Sunnyside- I am finding I actually prefer it in the winter because it is GREEN (pine tree green) as opposed to gray, and the snow is beautiful, even if it is a hassle. Though- back here in Sunnyside- the sun is out and shining, and it is feeling pretty warm . . . can't complain about that!

4 comments:

Danae said...

Hey, your trip looks so fun! Glad you had a good "Valentine's Break."

UtahTeacher said...

sledding at kirk's lodge was always so much fun. When we first moved to Spokane seems that we did that a lot. Good memories.

Natalie said...

I can't believe there is that much snow, not too far from us. It is much prettier there right now. After today, I'm hoping the warm weather is on its way

Uberly Ewe said...

Wow! I had no idea that they had tubing up on Mount Spokane! We have driven past that loudge a few times. I can't wait to give it a try next year!