
The highlight of the weekend was our celebration of Brooke Whittle's 30th birthday! Welcome to the 30's club, brooke . . . well, in a few days anyway. We drove to the tri-cities to go to PF Changs http://www.pfchangs.com/, which was incredible. The food was AMAZING- especially their Mongolian Beef. I hadn't been to a nice restaurant in a very long time- and to go with these wonderful friends made for a great evening. I know I have said this before, but how do I deserve such amazing friends?
On to another busy Saturday . . . walking in the morning, making wraps for my neighbor's birthday party, and having fun with a bunch of kids at the church for our Date Night Co- Op. (For those of you who don't know what that is . . . I set up a Co-Op where all the kids from 8 or so couples come to the church once a month for 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon, where two of the couples are scheduled to babysit, and the others go out on a date! We rotate through all the couples so everyone takes a turn babysitting . . . it ends up being one month babysitting, and three off. I am not against paying a babysitter, but it is fun for the kids to get together with their friends). It is nice to have a nice relaxing Sunday- Lillian went to Nursery!!! Wow- church is a completely different experience now. Ahhh- so that is what feeling the Spirit at church feels like . . . Don't get me wrong, I love my little ones, but as said by a harried dad in the movie Singles 2nd Ward (which is a GREAT movie, by the way - better than the 1st- get it from Netflix) "It is hard to feel the Spirit in the bathroom."

4 comments:
Lillian in nursery? Oh- aren't we lucky? Partay!!!
I know what you mean about finally feeling the spirit in Sunday School and R.S. because the little ones are in the Nursery! After finally talking to the Primary President about the fact that Bug keeps being taken out of nursery because he cries for me, she talked to the Nursery Leader and they have tried doing other things to keep him happy while he is in nursery and I am finally able to enjoy R.S.! Yay!
PF Changs is awesome! They have one in Spokane now.
We went there for to celebrate our adoption of Dominic.
Dom is getting much better w/letting me leave him in Nursery. You go so long until they're in Nursery that it's weird to actually be listening to the lesson. I am enjoying it too.
Two more yrs and I will be joining the "30s" club. Scary!
Did you and your friends all plan on wearing red and black or just a coincident? Great to have a nice group like that, like back in Spokane. I sure miss it!!! I really like the Singles Ward 2. And Sundays are SOOO much better when they hit nursery age. Tyson has been in for 6 months now and what a difference. Sacrament is still fun though!!! Lori
Post a Comment