
Horton Hears a Who- a great family movie! We took our kids to see this movie today, as a reward for a goal we accomplished as a family. We all LOVED it. Besides the fact that since I was a child, I have loved Dr. Seuss's character Horton, from "Horton Hears a Who" and my personal favorite "Horton Hatches and Egg", the voice talents, visuals effects and story line were great. Jim Carrey made Horton's lovable character come to life- he truly was the Faithful, completely committed to doing the right thing hero, but also a bit silly and nerdy (in an elephant sort of way)- which makes him more lovable! I also loved the extra story line they put into the Who's - the tiny people living on the speck that Horton saves. The mayor is voiced by Steve Carell- who does a wonderful job creating another quirky, but very couragous and lovable character. They even have Carol Burnett as the voice of the sour kangaroo. Of course, the visual element to the movie is very Seussish and fun, and kept the kids' attention. Even though much was added, the story stayed true to the book, and emphasized the morals Dr. Seuss inteded from the story. "A person is a person, no matter how small!" AND my favorite- "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, and Elephant's faithful 100 percent!"

1 comment:
I can't wait to take my kids.
Post a Comment