Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Eater to Everyone! Today has been a wonderful day to reflect on my Savior and his sacrifice for me. Truly He did atone for my sins- I am far from perfect, and know I can become perfect through the atonement! I am so grateful for the joy and freedom this knowledge brings me. After church today I did a flannel board story with the kids about the crucifixion and resurrection. It is amazing to see their knowledge growing and little testimonies of Christ developing. When we were talking about Jesus saying "Forgive them, for they know not what they do"- Marcus told me, Jesus forgives everyone because he loves us. Marcus struggles with the concept of forgiving others (especially his baby sister who just ate all his Easter Candy- see below), so we have been talking a lot about that here at home. It was wonderful to see that he is listening!





We also did some other fun things for Easter- on Saturday, the Martin's in our ward had an amazingly fun Easter Egg hunt at their house, and today I helped the kids color eggs. Lillian is the funniest- today she strung her first two words together - it was "Mine, Candy!" That little girl is a candy-holic. She can sniff it out like a little blood hound, and will pick up anything that remotely looks like candy and put it in her mouth. Marcus left his Easter basket down, and she found it and ate all his candy (I didn't give them that much this year- but still!). I was making dinner in the kitchen while this was going on- when I found her I knew why she had been so quiet!

Anyway, Happy Easter Everyone- I hope we all get some true spring weather soon!




Pictures of the Easter Egg hunt yesterday:




Cynthia and her friend Emma- aren't they cute!


Jon and Lillian right before the big hunt. Notice the vineyard in the back- a gorgeous spot in the summer and fall!



Lillian loved the cut little tractor in the front yard- just her size!

5 comments:

Uberly Ewe said...

Happy Easter to you all too. The kidlets look so cute in their Easter Clothes.

Cindy said...

I love Easter too. I to did the feltboard with my girls and Kylee said Jesus loves everyone even if they hurt him. It really just touched me how close or children are to Our Savior. They are our examples and I love that about raising young children. They teach me. The kids look darling in their Easter clothes. I was sad to see that you guys aren't coming back to Spokane, but it seems like staying in tri-cities is the right thing for your family right now.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee' P said...

Happy Easter to you too! Your kids are soooooo cute, especially the youngest.
We had a fun Easter Egg Hunt too!

Mary Child said...

Cute, cute kids you have Becky. Glad to see you're all doing so well!