Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Monday, September 8, 2008

Another quick trip to Spokane

Jon actually had two days off in a row - - so I convinced him to come on a quick trip to Spokane, so I could be at my sister-in-law's bridal shower. He had wanted to go camping because this is probably the last chance we would get for this year. I bought him a really cool tent for Christmas last year, and we had yet to use it because of our crazy summer! So- we compromised and we went camping in Spokane. We left early Saturday morning so I could make it to the late morning shower, then spent the afternoon and overnight at Liberty Lake County Park (only about 10 minutes from his parent's house). It is a BEAUTIFUL park- with a nice hiking trail and beach on the lake. Needless to say, we didn't swim - - but the weather was perfect for hiking. Although it did get pretty cold in the middle of the night, it was good camping weather. We had fun roasting marshmallows and hot dogs, and the kids had a great time running around and making friends with the other campers. Besides our air mattress going mostly flat and Lillian not sleeping well during the night, things went well. Then off to church on Sunday and a quick visit with our parents- then back to Yakima!


Jenna's shower- it was a BLAST!!


Camping - - I love our new multi room tent!



3 comments:

Brooke said...

That tent is awesome! I bet it was so nice to have little rooms for the kids. Sounds like you guys had a good time. I miss Spokane!

Uberly Ewe said...

Yes that TENT is AWESOME! I have never seen one like that before.

Mary Child said...

How fun Becky. I am seriously impressed that you made it to church after camping! There's no way I could pull that off!!!

Glad you had a good week-end, and even though camping is a lot of work and a giant mess, kids LOVE it, so it's good to make those family memories!