Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Monday, August 3, 2009

Another weekend in Spokane- July 17-19



Wow- it has been a long time since I have posted- I better get caught up! We made another trip to Spokane because my brother Steve and his family were visiting. It was wonderful to see Steve and Natalie's baby boy Joshua. He is ADORABLE! We had fun at the lake again - - it's the summer thing to do . . .
Natalie and baby Joshua at the lake:




Jon ended up staying home because of some things for work he needed to take care of (he had an OB patient who might deliver, and he needed to do a lot of paperwork), so this was a solo trip. Worth it- but exhausting. The heat has really been pouring in all over the state - - and boy it wipes me out! It was wonderful to see Steve and Natalie though. Jon DID take a break with me on Monday when we were back home and we went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was GREAT!! I think this is the first Harry Potter movie that I really liked the very first time I saw it. The other ones I had to get used to how they interpret the story. This one had a much better "feel"- - more light hearted moments and the heavier subjects were handled so much better than the previous movie or two which felt very depressing to me. Sure things were taken out or added as with any book made into a movie, but I think they did a good job. I am ready to go see it again!



Since Jon is back on his hard rotations, life has taken a stressful turn - - especially with the kids out for school - - but I really feel like we are handling it better as a family. The LONG grueling hours Jon has to work, and the pressure for him to perform well still is stressful on all of us, and having to be on my own a lot more to take care of things at home is exhausting, but emotionally we are OK. One great little mercy I found was a free day camp for Marcus and Cynthia in town. I could drop them off and pick them up whenever I wanted - - so I was actually able to get some errands done with just Lillian, and they had a really fun time. Sadly, it ended the end of July, but at least we got a couple of weeks in where they went for the afternoon several times a week.

So- here we go into the month of August, trying to keep the kids entertained, and I have several projects (including potty training Lillian) to get done around the house to make room for baby stuff - - and it is ROASTING HOT! Thank goodness for central air conditioning and our swimming pool. My energy level is REALLY low when I am outside, but inside, or in the pool I am OK. I am praying that I will be strong during Jon's hard rotations, and that I can support him in a way that will relieve his stress. I am determined to be stronger than in the past, and although I do tire easily, I feel like I am handling things better. I have already climbed this mountain- I can do it again!

1 comment:

Natalie and Steve said...

We were sure glad that you were able to come with us to the lake! Thanks for watching Joshua so much!