Well, at 3 1/2 years old I think it has finally clicked. We have been potty training Lillian since July last year, and she hasn't been able to go a day without an accident or two, or three until now. She got the "#2" thing down pretty quick (thank goodness), but the "#1" thing . . . . Everyone said one day she would wake up and would "get it". I think it finally happened.
The last few days she has been able to remember to go potty and even I can tell when she needs to go with the tell tale potty dance. Before it would just be an accident with no warning. The biggest thing- she can stay dry at night!!!! She is the FIRST of my kids to do this. Marcus and Cynthia still have night wetting problems. I guess there is one advantage of her not sleeping very deeply. Though, if you notice from my last post, I can't say that I am too thrilled to be awakened every night to help her go potty, because she won't do it without help in the middle of the night when she is tired and cranky. But- if this means she will finally be potty trained- fine.
This morning I was a bit disappointed though, she had an accident - - I think she just got too busy playing. Well, as with most children this age, accidents still happen when they just "get too busy"- so I will hope that she has truly turned a corner!
Yay for Lillian!
Next item of business - - getting her to put her pants back on after going potty and developing some modesty!
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment