Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Break in CA- part two - - visiting my cousins

On drive down to Sand Diego, we stopped to visit my cousin Kirk and his family who live in Santa Clarita. What a great way to wait out the traffic in LA! We met up at a wonderful little park, and then Kirk and Lauren were gracious and took us out to an amazing Mexican Restaurant for dinner. What a treat! It was awesome to catch up with their family!

All of the kids - - our kids had fun getting to know their second cousins Arianna and Carlos!




On our way back from San Diego on Friday, we stopped in LA to visit Jon's sister for lunch (thanks Jenna!). Luckily we were also able to see her our fist weekend in Sacramento- they had been there for a birthday.

I am AMAZED at how big LA is. Even in good traffic it takes hours to get from one side to the other, but add in the normal bad traffic- YIKES! It seemed like we spent most of the day trying to get through LA. Thank goodness for Jon's i-phone- we were able to use it to navigate our way through on the least congested freeways. Still- it was a bit of a stressful day- especially for Jon who was doing the driving. I think the runner mentality is engrained in his psyche- he hates to be behind anyone or boxed in, even if they are doing the speed limit. So add this with bumper to bumper crazy traffic . . . well . . . I do have to say he did really well- I don't think I would have even been able to make it through at all. He was just a bit stressed. I am realizing more and more we are small town kind of folk (well, not too small) - - even Spokane is starting to feel too big when we go to visit! I love living in a place where you can get across town in 25 minutes (NOT on the freeway), there are plenty of wide open spaces, and traffic is never a problem.

Anyway- seeing Jenna and meeting up at the LA temple to visit with my cousin Kristina were the bright spots and worth the crazy traffic. It was so awesome to see her!


No comments: