Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The City of Roses



Happy Anniversary and Memorial Day in Portland!

At the last minute, we decided to pop down to Portland on Sunday May 30th- our 12 year wedding anniversary. We stayed with Aunt Beth (my grandmother's sister who lives in Vancouver) and spent Monday the 31st walking around the Temple showing the kids where we were married and visiting Washington Park. Amazingly, despite a lot of rain overnight, we had some scattered sunshine and fairly decent weather (even though it was raining in Yakima!). It was a wonderful little get away.

It was so fun to visit my great-aunt Beth! She was so hospitable letting us stay at her house and she took us out to dinner. What a treat and I enjoyed our converstations!


The Temple is always gorgeous- what a wonderful 12 years it has been. Our love as husband and wife runs so deep and truly is eternal.



Washington Park and the rose gardens:







Last but not least, we drove by the Bed and Breakfast in Portland where Jon stayed when we got married. I can hardly believe it has been 12 years, yet I feel like I know Jon at such a deep level it feels like I have always known him. As I have said- through the good and the bad, he is MY PRINCE FOREVER! We have had many hard times, and many, many good times - - and expect more of both as we grow old together! I am so grateful for him and love we share. It is truly the most amazing blessing.

No comments: