Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Sunday, October 31, 2010

the light bulb goes on . . .

For awhile now I have been wondering what it is that is making me feel like I can't keep up with normal every day things the way I used to. I always seem to be a bit behind on housework, playing catch up on laundry, behind on blogging, feeling stressed when my kids have difficult schoolwork that needs my help, and needing to only make meals that take 15 minutes or less to make. I felt like things should be running smoother because we are not in any kind of major crisis or life changing event like it seemed we were all the time over the last few years. Comparitively, things are going really well and everyone is basically doing great. Yes- I do spend a lot more time in the car this year with Lillian in pre-school, but that doesn't account for me being behind!

So the light bulb finally went on the other day. Before all of the drama of the last few years, I had one less child. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out- but four really IS more busy than three- no matter what anyone else says!!! That fourth child is now a VERY active, VERY curious, VERY smart walking toddler that is constantly keeping me on my toes! Lillian is now in school too- so one more person to keep track of for school parties, schoolwork, and a schedule - - not to mention extra curricular activities.

So- I am giving myself a break and not being so hard on myself for not ALWAYS being on top of EVERYTHING. Not everything has to be perfect all the time! Being behind sometimes on some things is OK- and not doing all of the extra things like volunteering every week in my kids' classrooms is OK for the time being. Here's to being a happier more fullfilled mom.

Mmmm- he had fun getting into a yogurt one of the other kids left out one day:


Tyler loves climbing into and emptying the cupboards . . .


And my laundry . . .


But how can I not just adore the little guy? He is amazing!

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

You are SO right! And everyone is very different. You are doing AWESOME!!!