It is hard to tell in the pictures, but she took a couple of huge snips out of the side and back of her hair, and also cut some of her eyelashes. Not only that, she also cut the cover and a couple of pages of one of Jon's medical books. All on Thanksgiving day while we were busy in the kitchen. What was she thinking? She wasn't and ooooo she was in trouble! What is the "natural or logical" consequence for that? I told her she was going to get her hair cut short (which she wasn't that unhappy about), she isn't allowed to have scissors AT ALL (which was already the rule), and she isn't allowed in our room without an adult present (that one was new- no more computer for her since it is in our room). Hmm- maybe a good swat would have been better??? Not according to the STEP parenting class I just took (which was AWESOME by the way). Ha Ha- well we taped JOn's book back together and got her hair cut- and have been sticking with our new rules . . . everything is good now, right?
Her hair cut: (one of my friends here in my ward cut and styled it- - I don't have the nack for styling it so wonderfully, but I still do love the cut! Seems so familiar like I had another daughter with short hair . . . )
She loved being in the "beauty room". That girl is a crack up and so much fun. She and Cynthia are so fun together, though they do clash sometimes as sisters will at times. One day, when Marcus was having an especially hard day and I was feeling down as a parent- they both gave me many hugs and kisses saying they loved me and that I was the best mom ever. How could that not brighten my day!
Some of my favorite things she says:
"My hands are too flat" (when she is tired and wants me to pick something up or do something for her)
"Stunks" instead of Skunks
"Eye browns" instead of eye brows
(When trying to get my attention) "Mom, I need to tell you something" (which is exactly what I say to get her attention) and then yesterday she was interupting a conversation I was having with Jon and she followed it with "I have the talking ticket". I turned and said, "No, I have the talking ticket and will talk to you when I am done talking to Daddy" She stamped her little foot and said- "It's not the real talking ticket, only Marcus gives the real one!" Marcus had been telling everyone that he was the one "in charge" of the talking ticket. If anyone is wondering what the talking ticket is- in my family growing up, when we were all trying to talk at the same time my parents would give out the "Talking ticket" so we would take turns.
She was bugging me for some food and said "Mom, I told you I was hungry. Hungry means you want some food." Thanks for clearing that one up for me! Ha Ha.

2 comments:
She's got a grown up hairstyle! Very cute.
Cutting hair seems to be a right of passage for girls. Drives me crazy, but Lillian looks very grown up with her new 'do!
Post a Comment