Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Friday, March 18, 2011

Reading before potty trained?

I am so excited that my four and a half year old is starting to read! Lillian has been putting letters together to form simple words, and will read simple words we spell out. I just had to say good job to Lillian! I am so glad we live in a state where she will get to start Kindergarten next year (her birthday is in September). If we still lived in Washington, she would have to wait an extra year until Fall of 2012 when she would be few weeks from turning six). Not only will she be academically and socially ready this next fall (when she is a few weeks from turning five), but she is also tall for her age (in the ninety-something percentile)! As a girl, being older and taller isn't necessarily an advantage . . .

Now if we can just get her to stop having frequent little pee-pee accidents . . .
(she IS potty trained, and has been for a while for the most part, but has such weak bladder control!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

RYlie has been having bladder control problems as well...so I took her to the doctor and I found out that she has had a bladder infection. She does seem to be prone to get them alot b/c she has several since we noticed the first one. I just thought you should know...maybe Lillian has them too. It would be worth looking into.