I decided to come home from Spokane a few days early, so I could spend the weekend with Jon before we head for Utah. I am so glad we did- we had an eventful weekend going to the Hop Festival in Moxee (a town basically part of Yakima- and part of our ward), seeing a movie together (Dark Knight- stressfull but good movie!), and much more. The Hop festival was a blast! They had booths, stuff for kids, a fun run and a parade (don't worry- even though Hops are used to make beer- this was a very family friendly festival!). The highlight was Jon coming in first place for his age group (30-39) in the fun run. He is still the amazing runner he has always been! In fact, the only ones who came ahead of him in the whole race were high school kids who train every day and have much younger bodies. I am so proud of my hubby!

Friday night- got to love cotton candy!

The parade- they both came home with huge bags of candy- much to my horror (though I didn't mind letting them share a few Laffy Taffys with me . . . )
Jon with his medal- still the fastest of his age group!
4 comments:
It sounds like a lot of fun! And it was great to see you and the kidlets before you guys headed home early! It really means alot that you wanted to stop by and visit with me. Thanks for being such a good friend.
Looks like lots of fun. And Ryan had to go get hops this morning for his fair display in Grandview. It sounds kind of funny, you know: Mormons and hops. Hmmm...
Way to go Jon!
that look like you guys had fun. I miss washington! We're slowly sort of getting settled around here, although it defenently doesn't feel like home yet. I hope you have fun in Utah, we miss you guys!
Oh, how much fun! We just got back from our trip too, so now we can get together! Call me & we'll set something up! We're in the middle of putting in that patio this week - a kick to the pocketbook OUCH! But it will be SOOOO worth it in the end! Already it's looking really nice.
Post a Comment