Happiness at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple!
Natalie makes my brother just glow- it is so wonderful to see such a happy couple! She really does bring out the best in him, which is everything a big sister could want.

After the wedding ceremony (which was incredibly beautiful), we had a luncheon at Mimi's Cafe in Orem- below is the happy couple!

The wedding reception was beautiful!

The original 5 Monson kids ranging from me as the oldest at almost 31, down to my brother Brian, who is 18. From left- my youngest brother Brian, my sister Laura Coons, my sister Shauna Mosbacker, Me, then the groom- my brother Steve. Now only Brian is the only one unmarried (he needs to go on his mission first . . . ).

The Monson grandkids- cousin power!! From left- Adam Mosbacker, Cynthia, Marcus, Rachel Coons (baby in Marcus' arms), Lillian, Benjamin Coons, and Hannah Mosbacker. Just look at all those blonde cuties!

Hannah and Cynthia had fun playing under the table- they are buds!

Cutting the cake . . .

My sisters and brothers in law decorated their car too look like a rat and filled their car with balloons- can you see the buck teeth?
Have a wonderful honeymoon, Natalie and Steve!
After the wedding the rest of us hung out the rest of the weekend- it is so fun to all get together. We hiked to a little grotto with water fall up in one of the canyons- it was a beautiful spot, up until it started to pour rain! We thought we would wait out the storm under the over hanging rocks- but it just got worse. I kept having these horrifying visions of flash floods and all of us (including the seven small children with us- including a tiny baby) washing down the canyon. At about the time the water started to rise (though it wasn't fast) and the waterfall was turning a muddy red color- we decided it was time to leave!! We slipped and slided back to our vehicles- I haven't been that muddy in a long time. It was certainly an adventure! I learned something important about our family- we really do get along really well- and are good working as a team. The effort it took to get our children and ourselves back safely only worked by us cooperating well. I am so grateful for my family- and for the men who married into our family- I think my sisters and I did really well!


On Saturday, Jon and my sister Shauna ran the Provo half marathon. I am so proud of both of them- Jon did really well (which he ALWAYS does at running), and Shauna did great despite a problem with her knee. I can't even imagine hiking or riding a bike over 13 miles, let alone run it.

Later that day we enjoyed going to the little water park there in Provo- we had a blast.

Who knows what the kids are looking at- water maybe? This grate was near where we were camped out at the water park.

After the wedding the rest of us hung out the rest of the weekend- it is so fun to all get together. We hiked to a little grotto with water fall up in one of the canyons- it was a beautiful spot, up until it started to pour rain! We thought we would wait out the storm under the over hanging rocks- but it just got worse. I kept having these horrifying visions of flash floods and all of us (including the seven small children with us- including a tiny baby) washing down the canyon. At about the time the water started to rise (though it wasn't fast) and the waterfall was turning a muddy red color- we decided it was time to leave!! We slipped and slided back to our vehicles- I haven't been that muddy in a long time. It was certainly an adventure! I learned something important about our family- we really do get along really well- and are good working as a team. The effort it took to get our children and ourselves back safely only worked by us cooperating well. I am so grateful for my family- and for the men who married into our family- I think my sisters and I did really well!


On Saturday, Jon and my sister Shauna ran the Provo half marathon. I am so proud of both of them- Jon did really well (which he ALWAYS does at running), and Shauna did great despite a problem with her knee. I can't even imagine hiking or riding a bike over 13 miles, let alone run it.

Later that day we enjoyed going to the little water park there in Provo- we had a blast.

Who knows what the kids are looking at- water maybe? This grate was near where we were camped out at the water park.







6 comments:
oh how fun!!!! You got some great pictures too!!!
Awesome pictures Becky, I was wondering when these would show up.
Congrats to Steve. I am so happy for him. His bride is so cute! Congrats to Laura as well. What a beautiful little girl! I can't believe that she has 2 kids already! Great pics! Sounds like a wonderful weekend for your family.
It is fun to see pics of your siblings since I met some of them back in Utah! We are headed to Utah this week, too bad we weren't there at the same time.
Looks like you had a great time in Utah (except for a possible flash flood). If you are back, what do you think of this uber-hot weather we are having? I'm hiding inside with the air conditioner!!
Oh goodness, every time I see pictures off my new nieces and nephews I just start giggling. They are SO cute! Thanks for putting all of these pictures up! If you didn't see my other note, you are getting a CD of all our wedding pictures from the photographer.
Post a Comment