Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Off to the big city . . .

I know this is a week after the fact (it has been a crazy week) . . .

I had an amazing day last week going to the Stephenie Meyer/ Blue October concert in Seattle with two wonderful Sunnyside friends- Reagran and Natalie. First off I have to say a HUGE thanks to Reagran who put this together- THANKS soooo much for including me!

We drove up to the BIG city of Seattle (I felt like country mouse seeing the big city). We ate out at a great little restaurant, walked around the pier and Pikes place market. I will never forget making a fool of myself in the fish market. I stood buy a guy selling fish to get a picture- he held up the hugest bug eyed fish on the display for the picture. With the face of the fish inches from mine, I thought I would be silly and pretend to kiss the fish by making a pucker face. The next thing I know the fish was pushed into my puckered lips by the guy selling the fish! I screamed really loud and everyone in the market stared at me- this crazy person frantically wiping my mouth and spiting. I was so embarrassed. It just startled me so much- I couldn't help but scream.

It was a really fun day- and the best was of course what we came for- to meet Stephenie Meyer (along with 2,000 other people!). The concert is basically a book signing- with some songs sang by Justin Furstenfeld, the lead singer in the band Blue October. Many of their songs inspirited Stephenie's writing- so fit very well with the event. It was amazing- the music did fit so very well with the feel of the books and set the mood for the whole evening. Stephenie Meyer, of course, talked a little and did a question and answer period. Then we waited in a really long line to get our books signed. We met people from as far away as Texas, and fans who did crazy things every year like rent a silver volvo and drive around Forks, WA, and eat out in Port Angeles! It was great. I had fun telling people that I went on my honeymoon to the Olympic Penninsula- and stayed in a bed and breakfast just outside of Forks. Stephenie Meyer is an amazing author- it was so great to see her in person!


Thanks again Reagran and Natalie for a great day.

2 comments:

arah said...

i had a friend that went to that concert also. she was one of those that went to Forks and ate in Port Anlgees and I am sure really, really wanted to rent a volvo and all.
Looks like a fun time! I've read the books. I am not an obsessed fan, but I have to say thay the 4th book was definetly the best of the bunch.

Kim said...

Oh I am so jealous you got to go to the concert. I would have loved to go to the one in Chicago, it just sold out before I could actually really consider going. It sounds like so much fun. Did you like the 4th book?