To backtrack a little- we had a fun day Labor Day (the day before school started). Jon was off from work, amazingly (even though he worked all through the night- he didn't get home until 9:30 am on Labor Day). After Jon rested a bit, we took the kids to the Meadowbrook Family Fun Center and had a great time!
First we did bumber boats:
Then miniature golf:
Then go-carts followed by the arcade. They have inexpensive passes- so we were able to do a lot!
We finished the evening by having a little "back to school" family home evening, where we talked about being in school, safety, etc. We pretended to sit at desks and played "teacher may I"- where I would ask them questions about what to do or not do at school. We topped it off with a school bus cake - - super fun!
The first Day of school is finally here!
Cynthia in her new kindergarten classroom:
Marcus in his new 2nd grade classroom:
What a joy to have some sort of routine back. It helps that the kids are also super happy to be back in school!!

4 comments:
I love your back to school family home evening, it looks like so much fun. How crazy that you have 2 kids in school. I bet the break is very nice.
I am amazed that Jon was not catching up with his sleep on his half-day off! He truly is a family man :)
Great Pictures! And I love the bus cake too! What a great FHE idea!
Hey there Becky, your family is so beautiful! I love the school bus cake, what a fun mom you are!
Post a Comment