Wilson Family

Wilson Family
November 2013

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Marcus!

First thing in the morning he opened some presents and cards - - thanks to both sets of Granparents and more - - and thanks to those who called that day to wish Marcus a happy birthday!

I brought cupcakes to his classroom - - here is a picture of Marcus with his friend Julian from school - silly boys!

Eating doughnuts in the park at Sunnyside (see post about Whittle's visit):

Gotta love cake! Especially a huge chocolate one with both of Marcus' favorite things- Spongebob and a rainbow!


I can't believe I am old enough to have an 8 year old - - well, actually I can. On one hand it doesn't seem that long ago that I first became a mom, on Easter Sunday 8 years ago, when I gave birth to Marcus! What a journey it has been. I remember being so happy as we left the hospital, and I knew my life would never be the same. I am so proud of how Marcus has matured and for the good choices he is making. It is amazing how recently I have seen him make really good choices, or do something kind on his own. He will do random kind things for his sisters (though don't get me wrong, he does plenty of teasing too!), and doesn't complain when I ask him to do chores. I have also recently just started teaching him to play the piano - - so far so good! He seems to have so much more understanding of Gospel principles. Truly 8 years old is the age of accountability- it is the age that understanding about right and wrong, and the principle of repentance really seems to sink in. He is doing well in school this year for the most part - - and I am confident that despite his diagnosis on the Autism Spectrum , he is going to be very sucessful in life. We don't have too many unusual problems with him anymore - - he has directed the obsessive compulsive parts of his personality into his room, how he does his chores or eats - - but he has learned not to be overly rigid and angry. He does have his good and bad days as any child does, but even his bad days are not any worse than I would expect from any other 8 year old boy.

Anyway, he really is turning out to be such a great kid and a wonderful son, and I love him so dearly! We are really looking forward to his baptism which takes place on April 25th- just one week away. Both sets of grandparents will be coming to celebrate this blessed event with our family! If any of you reading this live in or will be in the area, you are also welcome to attend - - no matter what faith you belong to. It will be held at 6:30 pm at the church building located at 701 S 1st St, Selah, WA (just north of Yakima- this is our Stake Center). This is such an important event for our family, we would love to share it with anyone who can come!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe how tall Marcus is getting. What an exciting time for your family!

Natalie said...

Happy Belateed Birthday! Looks like you had a great day with Marcus. What a special boy.