Jon was scheduled to work tonight (moonlighting- yay!!!), so we decided to go out in the morning and catch a cheap before noon movie and go to Lakeside mall (specifically the Disney Store), which I hadn't been to yet. When we pulled away from the house without the kids, I immediately felt the tension of life raising four children lifting off my shoulders and the excitement of doing something fun with someone that I love so deeply. I looked over and saw the amazing doctor and hansome father of my children and marveled at the life we have built together, and all that we have been through together. Although we love doing things as a family, doing something fun without the distractions of keeping track of children and having the chance to focus on just each other is so important. It is so easy to loose track of that sometimes! I resolve to not let it go this long again- I need to budget for more regular dates- - in the end our marriage and our happiness is worth the sacrifice.
As a side note- we loved the movie we saw this morning- "The Adjustment Bureau"- definitely a good flick!

1 comment:
Ah yes- dating your spouse with 4 children at home. It never happens often enough, but it is SO nice when it actually does happen. It's so important to keep your marriage thriving during these crazy, busy times!
Post a Comment